Active Rehab Provided By Kinesiologists Specializing in Car Accident Recovery
100% Funded By ICBC, No User Fees
Active rehab with our Kinesiologists help people recover from injuries sustained in car or pedestrian accidents.
Why Nova Active Rehab:
- Convenient – exercise in a Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge or Surrey community centre
- Flexible appointments
- Individualized programs tailored to your needs
- Guidance, motivation, support and accountability
We Invoice ICBC Directly for Active Rehab:
Prior to starting treatment with one of our Kinesiologists, we make arrangements with ICBC to bill them directly for your program. There are no out of pocket charges such as user fees. ICBC pays for the weight room facility fees. We also accept private paying clients.
What to expect from your Kinesiologist:
We will be there for you every step of the way!
Our Kinesiologists are members of the British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists and the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance. Our experienced Kinesiologists specialize in car accident injury recovery. We are known in the Port Moody, Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam area for our excellent customer service and customized ICBC active rehab programs.
Our Kinesiologists will help you:
- Reduce your pain
- Increase your mobility
- Increase your strength and function
- Return to work and leisure activities
Before ICBC active rehab:
We coordinate funding through ICBC on your behalf. We will need a copy of your doctors referral and your claim number. Prior to starting treatment, your Kinesiologist will conduct a 60 to 90 minute initial assessment.
Initial assessment consists of:
- Thorough review of your medical history
- Review of your injuries and symptoms
- Review of your job duties and physical job demands
- Range of motion testing
- One-hour one-on-one exercise therapy sessions
- Weight room drop in fees are funded by ICBC
- Your exercise program is progressed as you move further along in your rehabilitation
- You will be able to carry on exercise methods and knowledge gained from our rehab program after treatment is complete
- Transition back to work is made easier due to implementation of exercises focusing on physical demands of your specific job
What is a Kinesiologist?
Kinesiologists are exercise therapists that have Kinesiology degrees from a university. Kinesiology is the study of human movement. Kinesiologists have studied:
- exercise science
- sports injuries
- disability management
More about Kinesiologists:
Kinesiologists can specialize in athletic performance, workplace ergonomics, research or exercise rehabilitation. Their approach is evidence-based. Doctors, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Acupuncturists and Massage Therapists refer their patients to Kinesiologists to help with their exercise program or to help with workplace ergonomics. Kinesiologists can perform fitness testing, body fat testing, job demands analysis, functional capacity evaluations and worksite visits.
Read our recover FASTER blog for information on how to recover from a car accident quickly.
Call us today at 604 783 8300 and get pain relief from your car accident injuries. Find out how kinesiology can help you.